Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting Started

Okay... After a few months of requests from friends and family, I am finally getting started on a blog to chronicle what is going on in the Shuler household. I intended to build up the habit in the down time between getting the house unpacked and having Cullen, but Cullen decided I didn't need the break. Here we are three months later...

A small recap of the last few years...  James and I got married April 1, 2006. Over the last almost four years, we have made a lot of changes and grown so much closer than we could have imagined. Shortly after getting married, we bought a home in Round Rock and got settled into our daily lives. A couple of years later, we decided to add to our family. After a little bit of lacking patience, we finally found out that we were expecting on March 30, 2009. Within the week, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary, and James got laid off from his job.

Before we knew it, James found a new job in Houston and was headed to move in with Uncle Andy and Aunt Peggy for a summer. While he worked in Houston, I grew bigger and worked in Austin while trying to sell our first home. It was definitely a tough summer, but it was just a stepping stone on the path to today. By early September, we sold our Round Rock home and bought a new one in Katy. Less than two months later, our little man arrived!

On the morning of November 6, I got up and went jogging per my usual pregnancy workout routine. During breakfast I joked with James that I would be so happy if the doctor told me I was in labor at my appointment that morning. He told me to not get my hopes up, because we were expecting a couple more weeks of waiting. As it turns out, I was feeling miserable, because I really was already in labor. Sure enough, the doctor sent me to the hospital just a few hours later, and I had to tell James to head back from the office. Just a few hours after checking into the hospital, Cullen arrived. I know I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure he was one of the cutest newborns ever. :-)

Over the past few months, I feel like James and I have adjusted well to parenthood. We are learning how to survive on less sleep, and we seem to be succeeding. Cullen is healthy and growing like a weed. At his two week check, his weight was in the 7th percentile. At his two month check, he was up to the 39th percentile. He makes me proud!

Every day brings a new challenge and a new joy. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends, and we feel especially blessed to have a growing family to take care of. God has given us so much to be thankful for!

Now the real question with this blog is going to be if I can keep up with it. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment