Thursday, February 18, 2010

Growing Up

Cullen is changing and growing so much every day. It is absolutely amazing to me how much he changes each week! Right before he was born, I tried to find a way to document this rapid advancement. Starting the day he was born, we have taken a picture of him each Friday. At the end of the year, we should have a 53 picture photo album that shows his first year of growth. It will be interesting to see it as a reflection.

This week, I have been working over-time to catch up on Cullen's baby book. I had the best intentions with it initially, and I even got started on some of it the week before he arrived. Haven't touched it much since then... It is so neat to see the variations over the last three months. He has certainly changed our lives in a magnificent way!

Yesterday, I received a blog about a two year old litle girl that is dying of cancer. It is such a sad story, but it was a beautiful reminder to enjoy each and every moment we have. In my hurry to keep up with life, I catch myself praying that Cullen will just take a nap sometimes. Yesterday was a wake-up call for me to cherish those days with no naps. I may be exhausted, and he may be cranky, but those are extra moments with my little boy. I'm going to try to do my best to enjoy life with every single person around me every single day. Life is too short to not live, love, and remember God's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment