Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Learning Patience

All of my life, I've heard that patience is a virtue. I definitely agree with this thought, but it doesn't come easily. I am forced every single day of my life to be patient. With a lot of practice and a lot of prayers, it is getting easier.

Cullen is the best teacher of patience. At 4:15 this morning, I realized that I was only rocking myself to sleep. Patience. Here it is 5:30 in the evening, and I am waiting for him to wake up from a nap. Patience.

Yesterday, Cullen had his four-month check-up. He is doing great! He is a tall, skinny little guy with a winning smile. God really blessed us with an awesome son! The most news-worthy part of yesterday's appointments was the doctor's declaration that Cullen is ready to start solids. I am scared out of my mind! I went to the store and stocked up on a few different items that will help me make baby food. You read it right. I want to make his baby food. Keep tuning in to see how that one turns out. :-) Our first attempt will be on Friday when James and I can make this big step as a family!

On a sadder note, sweet little Layla Grace passed away yesterday. She was only two years old, and it totally broke my heart. I never met her or her family, but I cried when I heard the news. After reading one particular entry from her mother on laylagrace.org a few weeks ago, I realized that I needed to work on being patient. One day at a time, I am learning patience. Have you learned patience?

No comments:

Post a Comment