Friday, June 15, 2012

Boston

For the past week, James has been in Boston for work. It's a trip I've wanted to take for a long time, so I have to admit I was a little bit jealous to be stuck at home while he was soaking up the culture. The good news is that Cullen and I really got to soak up our together time while James took in a Red Sox game and lobster rolls.
With James in Boston, we needed a little extra help with Cullen as I took on job interviews and a pretty ridiculous stomach bug. Cullen spent a good bit of time with Aunt Peg and Uncle Andy. We are so blessed to have family nearby to help entertain Cullen in our time of need. Cullen spent some of his time at Camp Dement telling Uncle Andy what to draw.
"Daddy's Big Truck and Scout and the Barbecue Sauce"

He even got in plenty of his favorite snacks over there.
Easy Mac, pretzel rods, spicy crackers... What more could a boy ask for?

We also spent a fabulous evening in the company of Miss Megan. I'm thinking I got some sort of food poisoning. It was pretty ridiculous. I got sick in a way that I couldn't care for Cullen. In stepped Megan. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend. I'm pretty sure Cullen was happy I slept the whole time she was there.

I spent a lot of this week trying to keep Cullen with some sort of routine and bringing in some good habits. I finally talked him out of sleeping with shoes on, and he actually walks himself to time out when he does something wrong. I know I'm biased, but I think he's a pretty good kid.
Oh yeah... Then there was that night that I let him eat Cheetos, Parmesan cheese, and an ice cream sandwich for dinner. As it turns out, James isn't the only fun parent in this house.

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment