Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Clean Teeth

Today was Cullen's first dentist appointment. He was a really good sport about everything, and his dentist was great. We got to discuss with a nurse, a hygienist, and the dentist about him still using the bottle. Not fun. The fun part was playing in the waiting room.

 
As Cullen nears the 15 month mark (when he's supposed to be only using cups), I find it somewhat embarrassing that he refuses. I feel like some sort of failure to admit to others that I can't coerce my one year old away from a bottle. The problem is that I think he's smarter than I am. He knows I'll cave sooner or later. He can go an entire day without fluids with no complaint when a cup is around. I keep thinking he'll see the other kids at school using a cup and think it's a good idea, but his swagger in the classroom proves me wrong. How did I wind up with a stubborn child? Haha.

The good news is that he doesn't fall to sleep with the bottle. The dentist told us that is her primary concern. He'll take a cup sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. Until then, I'll keep trying, and he'll keep laughing at me. At least we know our dynamic.

The last week has been incredibly busy, but we're staying on top of things. This Friday is one of my days off, so I've already got it scheduled full of fun things like pictures for Cullen, grooming for Scout, and cleaning my closet. My other fun task of doing taxes was completed Monday night. There's something to be thankful for.

This weekend, we'll be spending time with friends and getting plenty of play time in for Cullen. A Saturday play date with Noah and a Sunday play date with Hadley. We live a full and blessed life. So very blessed!

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment