Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Always Growing

Life is about growth. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, but we're always growing. Today has been incredibly frustrating, so I'm trying to remind myself to grow. To find the positives in the situation.


I went running this morning when the Weather Channel told me it felt like it was 6 degrees outside. I still can't quite feel my nose. I don't think that's a good sign. Maybe some indoor exercise will have to do tomorrow. I'm learning that I shouldn't run when the wind chill is in the single digits. Learning is growth.

Our office decided today that we would work longer hours and no longer have every other Friday off. Seriously? What's that about?

I recently interviewed for a job with a pretty neat agency. It wasn't my dream job, but it was a great opportunity to work with some great people. I learned today that the job was offered to someone else. I've never (literally never) interviewed for a job without being offered the position. Being humbled is growth.

Of course, my little boy is exhibiting a million different kinds of growth. He laughs, he runs, he talks, he gets taller and gains weight. All of these types of growth are steps on his path to becoming a boy and man. Today has reminded me that he is the most important focus for me. With that reminder, I will smile when I look at his Valentine's picture, and I will laugh when I watch the video of him playing with his "new" (thanks Ben!) remote control car.

I'm also going to push myself to remember to focus on the positives in life. I'm exercising. That's a positive. My new work schedule is forcing me to consider the idea of no longer carpooling with James. Even though we wouldn't have that time together in the car, I would be able to get home earlier in the evenings and have more time with Cullen. That's a positive. I've already got a job. Not everyone can say that. That's another positive.

Now I just need to remember those positives. Or look at pictures and videos of Cullen. Whatever...

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment