Monday, April 11, 2011

Escape

It seems like the days slip past me before I even know they're here. Cullen is such a little chatterbox these days. He is using a handful of two syllable words, and he gets so excited when he gets his point across. Yesterday, he pulled one of his toys up behind the couch, stood on top of it, put his little face right next to mine, and said, "Hey!" That one little word was just so special. He is consistently a little people pleaser, and he is such a joy to be around. Like every child, he definitely has his moments, but the good always outweighs the bad. It seems like he'll be speaking in sentences any day now.

As always, we are keeping busy and trying to stay on top of everything. We finally got to visit my parents this weekend. Like a really great mom, I didn't take a single picture. Parenting fail.

My mom just got a new iPhone, so we spent some time teaching her how to use it, and then we went to Best Buy to get her a cover. My dad just bought a new truck, and he was feeling adventurous. On our way out the door, he handed me the keys. I totally got new car envy. Not that I have any business driving a F-350 Super Duty, but it was super nice. It made my Highlander seem downright sad. My dad really deserves to spoil himself a bit, so I'm really proud of him for taking that step. I'm pretty sure he loves that truck almost as much as his kids.

We also got to spend some great time with our neighbors this weekend. We feel so blessed to have a great network of friends in our neighborhood. I think most of them talk to us because they love Cullen, but I'll take it. We spent a good bit of time outside, and plenty of time inside protecting ourselves from the April heat. I consistently forget how early summer arrives in Houston. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this weather? No? That's probably because I don't.

Of course, Cullen decided to wind the weekend down with a fever, so James is working from home today trying to keep Cullen calm, and I'm trying to get my work all wound up so that I can work from home tomorrow if he still isn't feeling well.

This weekend, we're making a day trip to Austin for a friend's wedding shower. I'm hoping to squeeze in a lunch, dinner, and some bluebonnet pictures. I can't wait!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment