Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sleep? What's That?

This past weekend, we went to Austin for a day trip. It was an incredibly busy day filled with an impossible schedule. We left early in the morning, had a family lunch at Salt Lick, dropped James off with friends, Cullen and I went to a wedding shower, then we went to see Tera, then we had dinner with more friends. How I didn't nap on the way home that evening is beyond me. I'm incredibly thankful for James and his driving us to and from Austin.

Of course, a day spent in Austin is pure torture in making me homesick. We drove with the windows down, we enjoyed fresh air, we ate dinner outside. There's no denying that I love Austin. It is in every fiber of my being. Someday, I'll go back for good. Until then, I enjoy my day trips. I can't wait to go back next month!
The best dressed boy at Salt Lick.

Last night was our annual HOA meeting. At last year's meeting, I was voted in as the neighborhood liaison. Meh. I didn't mean to volunteer. Last night, I entered my name in the pot with the intentions of backing out as soon as someone competent stepped up. Lucky for me (or not), no one at all stepped up. I think I'm the liaison again. Not entirely sure. The good news is that I didn't have time to cook. So we ate Whataburger yesterday. Cullen loves their fries. Can you tell?

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment