Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gearing Up For Summer

Summer time in Houston. What a miserable time of year. Earlier this week, we actually broke another heat record (one of many). June 5th was the hottest day in June in Houston in recorded history. I can't wait to see what August is like.

To help handle the heat, we decided to take Cullen swimming last Sunday. He had a great time splashing around in the pool and floating around in a tube. His comfort level with the water is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get him started on swim lessons next month!

Tubing the pool like a big kid and hanging out in the expandable ball!

On Saturday, we visited some friends who were holding a housewarming party. Their new home is beautiful! We spent the entire party watching Cullen walk up and down the stairs. He is getting so good at it, and he's so proud of himself. Maybe next time we all get to visit, Cullen with actually play with Brady.


This week has been my first week of boot camp. I am beyond exhausted, but I'm really enjoying it. We get yelled at, we get pushed to the max, and we are constantly competing. If I didn't have to get up at 4am to go, I think I might actually love it. My plan is to make the most of boot camp for the month, and then I'll be heading back to the Y. I actually miss my body pump class!

Tomorrow night is GNO at Alamo Drafthouse. We're going to a Grease singalong, and I am super excited. I get to see Amy, sing, and eat pizza. I think it is an all around win. James is out of town this weekend, so Cullen and I are headed to the zoo on Saturday with Kristen. Who knows how long we can last in the heat!

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment