Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas From The Shuler Family

 I always like to finish my Christmas shopping early. I always think it's going to give me a good chance to enjoy the season and spend time with family and friends. In retrospect, I feel like I should shop later so I don't take on so many commitments close to Christmas. 

One of my great ideas this year was making cinnamon rolls from scratch. Who wouldn't want homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning? They turned out beautifully, and there were plenty to share with friends. We ate them for two days, and I feel like they were worth the effort. Aren't they pretty?
  
 The best part of the whole adventure was this... He even told me that they were yummy. God bless that boy.
  
For Christmas Eve, we got dressed up and headed out for Christmas Eve service and dinner with friends. Last year, my mom bought Cullen a precious blazer. This year, it finally fits. He was pretty much the cutest kid at church. He even held his own candle for the candlelight service. 

After a late dinner, James and I got Cullen into bed so we could wrap up the rest of the Christmas gifts and help the Santa gifts appear. There's a really attractive picture of me in Cullen's Power Wheels, but I opted for this one instead. 
  
The next morning, Cullen found his Santa gifts under both trees and got so excited. He didn't seem even remotely concerned that there were other gifts under the tree. We waited until my parents arrived to open the rest of our presents.
 For the longest time, I've been asking James to buy me a cute apron. I have no idea why I haven't just bought one for myself at this point. Needless to say, I got three precious aprons for Christmas. Two of my best friends got me aprons and so did my aunt. I can't wait to have some time to cook to make sure they all get a turn in the rotation!
 I think one of James' favorite gifts was his autographed Mike Singletary football. Cullen was pretty peeved that it couldn't come out of the box to play.
 It was really fun to host Christmas morning at our house with my parents. I've hosted Christmas dinner plenty of times before, but it was the first time I've hosted Christmas morning at our home. So fun!
Cullen is learning to be a fan of his new truck. On Christmas morning, putting the truck in reverse made him cry. Then, he wanted the car to go without him pressing the pedal. With a bit of coaxing, Cullen is successfully making the car go on his own, but he's not wanting to steer. One step at a time...
The day after Christmas, James and I ran errands and had lunch at Lupe's with friends. Cullen's favorite part of lunch was the pig on the front porch. He'll learn to appreciate those fajitas someday.
One of Cullen's other gifts was a set of Woody pajamas. When he put them on last night, he was so excited to be a real cowboy. James got him a hat and coached him on what to say. He's my little buckaroo.

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment