Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making It Work

James' new job has come with so many fun perks, so I feel awful complaining about anything related to work. The only tough thing for me is the increase in hours and travel, but those really aren't so bad when you get to hang out with this guy...
Elton John sunglasses from Target, a cheeseburger, and french fries. What's not to love?

Of course, there are moments when I just can't help but laugh. Cullen is such a little snuggle bug sometimes, and he decided it would be a good time to sneak into my bed while I was getting some work done. Knowing that he had to sneak down the stairs to get into my bed makes it even funnier. I don't know what's better: the passed out pose, his forethought to bring his favorite friends with him, or the fact that he told me, "It's okay, Mommy. Daddy's gone." So I let him sleep there. He's cute, and he probably won't want to hang out with me for the rest of his life. Let others call him spoiled. I call him loved.
While I was sharing my bed with the loudest snoring two year old I've ever met. James was in some meetings and visiting Niagara. I know he spent more time in meetings than sight-seeing, but I couldn't help but feel a tiny twinge of jealousy. I mean, look at it.
While James was gone, I tried to stay busy (har har). I did most of the laundry so that I could not worry about it for the weekend, and I made cinnamon rolls from scratch. Cullen LOVES them. And I love him.
Saturday night, we had dinner with some friends we haven't seen in months. It's always nice to get together with another family when everybody gets along. Ellen (potentially in the running for mom of the year) decided it would be fun to utilize a Pinterest idea for the little boys' dinner.
 It came out beautifully, and Cullen even got to bring his home for lunch the next day. I think the ice cube tray dinner might be making a regular appearance around our house.

After dinner, we had cupcakes. I've been testing out some new recipes, and we are blessed with adventurous friends. They never seem to question my intentions, and I can't appreciate that one enough.

I don't remember Cullen ever actually being angry about his cupcakes, but this picture sure makes it seem like he was. It really wouldn't be surprising if I had a child who was territorial about his food.  
Even Myles seemed to enjoy my foray into new cupcake territory.  
After dinner, the grown ups watched basketball, while the little ones played in the dog kennel. They took turns shutting each other in the kennel. I still don't get why that it so fun to kids, but I'm pretty sure I have a picture of myself in a dog kennel with Reese at age 19, so I guess I can't judge.
We all took part in multiple egg hunts with the boys. Myles has been practicing his hunting skills, and it really got me excited about Easter for Cullen this year. All I need now is some spare time to make it to Target, and I need to figure out what the heck to put in the eggs. I don't want to give him more candy, but there's got to be something fun I could do... Any ideas out there?

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment