Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cupcakes, Family, and More Cupcakes

Cupcakes have been consuming my life and my counters lately. I LOVE making cupcakes. Scooping out individual servings of batter to make sure they're all the same size, icing them, decorating them. It is almost soothing how well it goes. I love the consistency and creativity of baking. I love sharing my baked goods with others.

Friday night, I made 6 dozen cupcakes. 3 dozen for one birthday party, 1 dozen for another birthday, 1 dozen for James' office, and 1 dozen for a dinner we hosted on Sunday.
On Sunday, we had my parents, aunt, and uncle over for dinner. They spent the afternoon with us while we got to catch up, visit, watch football, and eat. It isn't a clear picture, but it was so nice to have these three guys together. I didn't get to have my uncle around until later in life, and we both really cherish our time together. It's so nice to be able to pick up where we left off each time as though no time has passed.
On Monday night, we went to James' aunt and uncle's house to see them and James' cousin and her kids. After Cullen's experience with all five of the Little kids, I can safely say that Cullen is not prepared for siblings. He seemed to enjoy observing more than playing, but he loved his play time with Stephanie. He is a lovable little guy, and I love seeing him spend this time with family.

I can't help but laugh at the below progression in pictures. I had the "brilliant" idea to get a picture of the six cousins together. The Little kids are used to the group photos. Cullen isn't really sure what to do. Lauren wanted to hold onto him for us, but he had other ideas. 
All six kids piled on the couch. Some smiles, some tears.  
Cullen finds an escape route and takes it. 
Cullen remembers that he has a puzzle in his lap while the other kids take pictures.
Look at my puzzle pieces...
Cullen tried to escape the frame on this one, but Peg caught them all with her camera. Granddad pointed out that Cullen is just keeping a respectful distance.
Last night was another four dozen cupcakes. 2 dozen for my office, 1 dozen for James' office, 1 dozen for the Little/Dement family. James had one for breakfast, but he's been my only taster so far. The ones for my office get opened in a couple of hours. I can't wait to see how they go!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment