Wednesday, February 15, 2012

When James isn't home, Cullen and I are living in a Dickensian style world.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times...

Cullen absolutely idolizes James. He usually likes to sleep in, but he occasionally wakes up and wants to hang out with us. Cullen loves acting like a big kid, and he really enjoys climbing into our bed in the mornings. Sometimes the boys watch ESPN. Sometimes they play games on the iPad. I just love seeing them enjoy their time together.
I got asked to make some treats for one of James' company's showers again. I was delighted to be asked again, and I really enjoyed the unique order. One of my favorites to make are my triple lemon cupcakes. I got the icing to a really vibrant shade of yellow, and the sugar paste booties were a perfect little accent. 
James headed out to the deer lease for a long weekend with his company. He sent Cullen a picture of "Daddy's Big Truck" to remind Cullen that Daddy always thinks of him. Cullen was excited to see that the truck could handle an entire tree.
On Saturday morning, Cullen and I went to a Valentine's brunch at Megan and Lee's. The food was fabulous, the company was great, and Cullen provided plenty of action and entertainment for me. That boy is so unfamiliar with being calm.
After brunch, we went to visit my parents. My mom was ready to go with Valentine's Day presents for both of us. Cullen is in love with his new toys, and my favorite gift was this mug. Mom thought it was great because of all the cupcakes I make. I couldn't agree more.

After such an exhausting day, I expected Cullen to be wiped out. I settled in to watch The Help and flip through my People magazine after he was in bed. For Cullen, bed does not always mean sleep. Cullen wasn't feeling very well, so neither of us got much sleep that night. At some point, I brought Cullen into our bed. I'm not a fan of co-sleeping, but he is also old enough for this to not be a danger for him. Shortly before sunrise, he finally took a nap we'll call sleep. 
Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Cullen had a precious party at school, James sent me some gorgeous roses, and I got James chocolates and BBQ things. We both got home late, ate pizza for dinner, and I fell to sleep on the couch. Just our usual evening together.

On my lunch break, I ran out to see Kim and get my hair cut. I usually squeeze my hair cuts in during lunch so I don't miss weekend time with my boys. I've been wanting to try something new, but I'm always anxious. My willingness to try something new generally winds up with my hair looking hideous. This time, I got bangs. And I love it. James seems to be on the fence about it, but he's doing a good job with only offering constructive criticism. It's a huge improvement over the time he told me I looked like Darth Vader.

This weekend, we're hoping to make a day trip to Waco to see a men's basketball game. I'm looking forward to lots of time with my boys and a three day weekend. I can't wait!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment