Sunday, September 8, 2013

Why I'm Loving Football

Each fall, I get excited about football season. I miss it a little bit by early summer. But as the end of football winds closer, I find that I don't enjoy it so much.
 
James and I were talking over dinner last night about my love-hate relationship with football. I think some of my frustration falls into the time consuming nature of watching all the games. I also think my love of football is the requirement to sit still for just a bit.
 
Yesterday, I took a nap during the Baylor game. The ridiculous lead made it easier to take a nap, but it also made me realize that my love for the game is the family time. The down time. It's the opportunity to just sit and be with my boys.
 
This year, I don't want to stop enjoying football season. I want to enjoy it the whole way through. And I want to enjoy the reason to spend more time with my boys. This season we are in is fleeting. And I don't want to miss a moment.
 
xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment