Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Keeping It Together

This week is dragging its feet and flying by all at once. At this point last week, I had next to nothing scheduled for this week. My how things have changed. I think I just got completely overwhelmed last night, because I fell to sleep while talking to James. Mid-sentence. James let me sleep on the couch for a few hours before I had to walk downstairs and crawl into bed.

Even though Warrior Dash has come and gone, I'm still trying to keep up the exercise routine. I'm walking 2.4 miles in the morning and another mile or so in the evenings. It gets me active, I'm getting fresh air, and (in the evenings) I'm getting to enjoy time with my little family. If I could just kick my love for food, I'd be so thin. Carbs and I have a love/hate relationship, but I love them more than I hate my thighs.

This week, I am trying to get everything prepared for Lynn's visit. The guest room is still two-tone, but I thought two-tone was better than overwhelming paint scent. I'll fix it in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to take care of errands and less fun items before Lynn's arrival, so I can spend extra time with family over the next week and enjoy that time. We don't get enough of it!

This Friday, I'm taking Cullen out to Froberg's to pick strawberries. I'm not entirely certain what my expectations are with a one year old, but I'm excited! Amy and Hadley will be joining us on our journey, and I'm sure we'll manage to have fun. Hopefully, we can bring home a bounty of fresh produce, and we can eat extra healthy for a few days.

I just noticed two nights ago how tall Cullen has gotten. He stretched his little arms out in the bath tub, and they just looked so very long. He's getting stronger everyday, and he's developing such a personality. We had our first mini-tantrum yesterday, and I'm sure it's just a glimpse of what we have to come. The terrible twos are on their way!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment