Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring Is Coming

And with spring, we get allergies. And being sick. Yuck. I don't remember having allergies as a kid, but they're killing me now. I'm interested to see how my run goes in just a few short weeks. I'm sure it will involve some wheezing and a very red face. On a positive note, I found out yesterday that I have actually been running further than I thought. That means my time is better, and I'm actually doing a pretty decent job with this running business. Luckily, my time and distance won't matter just a couple of weeks from now. :)

Over the weekend, the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Cookoff was going on. With James volunteering for the rodeo, we get free parking and we get into the grounds for free. After sampling plenty of yummy food and letting Cullen see the sights, we headed home. For Cullen, the most important part of the trip was when I gave him a fun size bag of Cheetos. The only person I know who likes Cheetos more is my dad. Cullen dropped one Cheeto, escaped from the stroller, popped it in his mouth, and crawled back into the stroller. I was too amused to stop him.
Big kid in a big chair with a big bag of Cheetos. His very own dream come true.

Of course, Cullen had a fever by the time we got home. In true Cullen fashion, he has contracted hand-foot-mouth and an ear infection, while he's bringing in three new teeth. On a side note, I can't believe he's already got 16 teeth. 16 sharp teeth. He's handling the illness like a champ, but we kept him home from school on Monday. James made sure that Cullen got started on his spring training by bringing out the baseball set our friend Royce got for Cullen on his birthday. Cullen is a natural, and he loves carrying around the bat to beat Scout. Scout doesn't seem to mind too much.
Little Slugger

I am in awe every day by the advances Cullen makes. He's learning new words all the time, and he's so happy to share what he knows. Hopefully, we'll have him healthy for this weekend so he can enjoy more time in the sun. I get the feeling we're going to be buying more outdoor toys very soon.

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment