Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dallas In A Day

I was so lucky to have an extra day off this weekend. Again. I'm a pretty big fan of the three day weekend, and this one was no exception. Of course, we filled it with two baby showers, a trip to Dallas, a precious birthday cake for a neighbor, and lunch with friends. I needed Monday off to take a nap. And I did.

Our Saturday was by far the busiest, but it was so nice to spend time with my two best boys. We had plans to drive into Dallas to meet friends for lunch and a baby shower, so we started off with Cullen's breakfast of champions. He loves chocolate donuts, and we really try to make road trip days all about him. It makes the trip run more smoothly for all of us!
Our first stop into Dallas was at Avila's for lunch with some of the Coe family. Cullen has been in love with Madison since the King wedding last year. He played it shy for a few minutes, and then he was ready to watch Blue's Clues and eat lunch with her. The last three consecutive mornings, Cullen has asked if we can go back to Dallas to see Maddie. It was so nice to spend some time with Meredith and Jason, and I am really hoping it won't be another year before we get to see them again! 
After lunch, we headed over to Royce and Shelley's baby shower. Shelley is absolutely glowing, and I know she's going to be a great mama. Cullen had the best time running around and acting like a little boy. It was no surprise that he was fast asleep a few minutes after we got into the car. 
On Sunday, I made it to another baby shower celebrating another precious couple. I can't wait to meet Brandon and Amy's little boy. And it was so fun to catch up with a few people I haven't seen in a while at the shower. It was a huge surprise to walk in and see my mom there!

For this week, James is out of town for work, so Cullen and I are enjoying some quiet time. Last night, I was in bed by 10, and I'm hoping to do the same tonight. The little things really have the ability to make my day!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment