Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Stuff

The Christmas holidays came and went with reckless abandon. I know they happened. I know I took pictures. I just wish I had taken more time to enjoy them. The new year swept in quickly, and we have so much to look forward to in 2013. I'm really excited to see the things God places in our path.

With the new year came a four day weekend that I decided to dedicate to potty training. For a while now, I have been getting a hard time from some folks who thought Cullen should have long since been potty trained. I wanted to wait until he was ready. Once I thought he was ready, other people gave me a hard time and told me I was pushing things. If I have learned one thing in parenting, it is that you can't make everyone happy. Right or wrong, I'm not too concerned with how others feel about my parenting. I know my son is healthy and happy, and I'm pleased with that.

Anyhow, two hours into our potty training boot camp, I got a call from a frantic mom in need of cakes for her baby's first birthday. The next day. The cakes were far from perfect, but they were exactly what she needed.
This was my first (and hopefully last) topsy turvy cake. The pictures don't do it justice, but it went along with a winter wonderland theme. 
After cake delivery, it was back to the potty training. Thankfully, James was willing to manage the majority of the potty training while I was baking, decorating and delivering. I am excited to say that Cullen is pretty much entirely potty trained. He went through two solid days and nights without an accident. I just hope school can keep up with the new and improved little guy.

For New Year's Eve, we went over to James' boss' house. It was probably ridiculous to wander out in the midst of potty training, but Cullen had the best time playing with Parker, and he got to experience sparklers for the first time.  
We had a lot of fun ringing in the new year, and, with the holidays behind us, I can get started on planning out this year's projects. First up? Cullen's big boy bedroom!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment