Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Getting Crafty

I usually love when a new challenge comes in. *Disclaimer: I say usually, because sometimes people are just ridiculous.* Something new and fun to bake and create. I absolutely adore sweet Lola, and I was so excited when her mom asked me to make her rainbow-themed birthday cupcakes. 
It was a lot of work, a lot of wasted frosting, and a whole lot of dirty bowls, but I think they turned out just right. More importantly, so did Lola.
In a couple of weeks, some sweet friends of ours are having their annual Valentine's brunch. Megan has always been incredibly thoughtful and is one of the few spouses of James' friends that I actually want to spend time with. I enjoy her company so much, and these kind little touches show just how awesome she is. Cullen always shuffles through the mail on the drive home, and he was pretty peeved when he opened the envelope to find a pink card. He spotted his name and Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye on the envelope. How could it possibly be for anyone else? 
As if I don't have enough on my plate these days, I decided that I wanted to find a way around using store bought Valentine's and candy for Cullen. I have plenty of fantastic crafting things, so I put them to good use and made these little cards. They're going to go in a cute little bag filled with Teddy Grahams all tied up with raffia. I'm sure I'll get more joy out of it than anyone else, but I'm happy with the project so far. 
Tomorrow night, James' company is taking part in an activity called Taste of the Town. It's a really neat opportunity to familiarize yourself with local businesses, and I was really honored that James' boss offered me the opportunity to have some baked goods on the table. Unfortunately, I just don't have the energy to stay up late making candies, work a full day and then spend 6 hours standing and talking to folks. I just can't do it all. 

Last night, James and I stayed up making over 800 little candies. Tonight I will put them in individual bags with my business cards. Tomorrow night, the bags will go on the table, and we'll hope that people have a snack and give me a call. Here's hoping that it brings me some new business. I can't wait! 
Anybody out there need some candies? They're fantastic party snacks for Super Bowl!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment