Thursday, March 14, 2013

Big Kid and Bear

Did anyone else know that I have a big kid these days? Now that he's in a new preschool class, he has homework! James and I are probably enjoying it more than Cullen right now. I am loving having a structured evening activity to do that encourages communication and no TV time. 

I usually have Cullen use crayons to complete his homework. Let's be honest. I would always write in crayon, but it isn't appropriate at my age? Cullen came up with the idea to stick it behind his ear all on his own. Reminds me of my dad when he's building something.
I wanted rice pudding the other night. So I made some. James was impressed with the swirls of milk and vanilla. He brought Cullen in to look at the "butter-fly." 
After a whole lot of work and not enough down time, I met a friend for happy hour last week. Time with Amy is always fantastic. She is comforting to be around, and we always wind up having these thought-provoking discussions. She brings out the best in me. She inspires me. I'm lucky to call her my friend.

When I got home that night, these were waiting on the counter. My boys went to Costco and bought me flowers. Just the way I love them. Simple, beautiful, inexpensive, and in a vase that's been around since before we got married. It's absolutely the little things. 
On Saturday, we got to visit Peg and Andy. It has been way too long since we last got to see them, and it was a welcome respite. I've been awful sick lately, and it's always nice to have Peg take care of you. While I was resting, James helped Andy move some pieces of furniture and "decor" around the house to prep it for putting it on the market.
By "decor," I mean that the bear is on the move. As it turns out, some people feel like a breakfast table should be in the breakfast nook. The realtor said the bear was bad for house selling, so the bear had to go to storage. Ironically, James also got to help move the bear into the house. Cullen has to be the only three year old I know that has absolutely no fear of a bear in a house. Other than Steph's kids, of course.
James got a good opportunity for a bear hug after we got it off the stand.
 And off goes the bear...
This moment has to be in the top ten list for best moments of James' life. Riding in the back of a truck with a bear. He was disappointed that no one pulled up behind them while they were driving.
As usual, I let Cullen's hair get too unruly before taking him in for a trim. I've started taking him to see the girl who cuts my hair, and I'm pretty sure it's the best cut he's had since his first haircut she did almost three years ago. Where does the time go? 
This weekend, James is in New Orleans with friends, and Cullen and I plan on enjoying lots of quiet time interspersed with me finishing our taxes. The same taxes I started and never finished almost two months ago. It isn't like me to put off this project for so long. Wish us luck!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment