Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Never A Dull Moment

Our little family is regularly told by others that we take on too much. We've only been given so many days, so I think we should do as much as we can. And, sometimes, I unintentionally nap while sitting up with Cullen. I'm sure part of my narcoleptic tendencies have to do with pregnancy. Where's that second trimester surge of energy?

On Friday, I was working from home, so we got to wave to the UPS guy as he delivered a box to us. With it being just short of Easter, I figured the box from James' mom was an Easter gift for Cullen. I told him we would have to wait to open it. Not much later, my day was winding down, so I decided to take a quick shower. At one point, Cullen came in to show me his "new" toy. I didn't recognize it, but it didn't look dangerous, so I kept showering. As I finished up, I realized where the toy had come from... During his fleeting moments of unsupervised activity, Cullen decided to open his Easter present a little early. I was surprised by the dexterity he used. He opened it more precisely than I would have. And boy was he proud. Happy early Easter to Cullen!
On Saturday morning, I was up bright and early to partake in the Morton Ranch Spring Craft Show. I was exhausted. Can you tell? I was so lucky to have help from one of our top babysitters and one of my favorite friends. They were fantastic with getting me set up, keeping me organized and keeping me entertained.  
So was this guy. 
I didn't sell as much as I was hoping to, but I did get a few bookings and pass out a whole lot of business cards. Some of my favorite moments were when a little girl asked her mom if I could make her birthday cake and when an older woman told me that my cake was better than Ooh La La. If you live in Katy, you know what a compliment that is. I'm not personally a fan, but it sure seems like a lot of people are. 
On Sunday, my parents came up for the afternoon with my mom's friend from high school. I pretty much never get a picture of Cullen with my parents. This action shot with my dad was the best I could manage. You know Cullen had a good time, because he dozed off at the table and talked about his Poppie all night long. 

Diana brought a precious basket of gifts for Cullen. They were all Spiderman themed, and Cullen is in love. He's never even seen Spiderman, but he has apparently heard about our webbed friend. He has slept in these fantastic jammies for three nights in a row. I'm tired of doing laundry, but Cullen is not tired of catching spiders. Because, apparently, that is what Spiderman does. 
On Monday morning, I went in for my latest OB check with Dr. S. The doctor and nurses are becoming increasingly familiar with Cullen, and he absolutely loves being there. We asked to try the gender ultrasound a bit early, and there's our sweet little boy! 
One of Cullen's teachers told him on Monday afternoon that he was going to be able to teach his new little brother how to run and play trucks and throw balls. Suddenly, he is completely okay with a little brother. We told him Baby's name yesterday, and now he is referring to the little guy as his new friend. He asked if Baby's mommy and daddy could move in when Baby does. We had a long talk that had to be repeated at 11 last night about how Cullen's Mommy and Daddy are Baby's Mommy and Daddy. Now we just have to work on preparing him for the fact that it will be a while before he gets to teach Baby all the fun things he knows.

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment