Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Elton John and Crawfish

Yesterday was our seven year wedding anniversary. It's so funny how some people say that the time feels like it has actually been longer. James and I talked about how it seems like there's no way it's been seven years. I guess it means we're doing something right. 

We rarely do big gifts for any occasion. The fact is, we don't need a whole lot, and we're usually happy without adding more stuff to our home. A couple of months ago, I found out that Elton John was coming to town. James was given the option of going with me or letting me go with someone else. He opted to be my date, and we decided to call it our anniversary gift, because the concert was just a few days prior. 

Even better than an Elton John concert? Free child care with one of our favorite family members! Cullen loves visiting Aunt Peggy, and he is quick to shove us out the door when he knows we aren't staying. I get the feeling he doesn't have to follow as many rules when I'm not around.

Peggy is so sweet to sit on the floor while Cullen repeatedly serves her the same pizza and chips over and over and over again.
And who else gives projectile foam missiles to three year olds?
We had plans for a nice dinner at McCormick and Schmick's before the concert. Things didn't go exactly as planned, but we did actually wind up eating there for a quick bite. 

Elton John. Sold out. Yes.
I don't think I have ever enjoyed a concert so much. The show was fantastic, I had a lot of fun, and I sang along to almost every single song. I know it wasn't James' first choice for entertainment, but I think he had a pretty good time, too. 
On our actual anniversary, we decided to go to a local restaurant for crawfish. We split eight pounds, and I'm pretty sure I ate almost half of it. I wasn't even remotely surprised to be sick later, but I sure enjoyed our family dinner out for our anniversary.
The last seven years have flown by. I can't wait to see what the next seven bring. 

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment