Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Fun


This summer is moving by really quickly, but I'm doing my best to not complain about that one. It's too darn hot to enjoy. I think James is even more aware of the Houston heat this summer, because I haven't stopped complaining since April. Someday we WILL move back to Austin. Until then, I will do my best to make the best of our current situation.

Most weekends, I am the early riser with Cullen. After breakfast, Cullen and I play games, practice new skills, or I supervise while he plays with his toys. Over the last couple of months, Cullen has started sitting up independently, and now we are working on pulling up and standing independently. He's getting so fast, and it is just awesome! He will be walking before we know it!

Here is Cullen pushing Scout away to show off his wonderful sitting up skills. I'm sure Scout just wanted a little bit of the breakfast Cullen left in his hand.
And then we see Scout's amazing patience with Cullen. When he falls down, she usually catches him. Sometimes it even seems to be on purpose.
One of our fun things I wrote about before was our fun trip to the zoo. We got to see the dinosaur exhibit that is only on display for the summer. We went to see if after it had been available for a month, so we were all a little surprised at how not enthused we were. I would have expected some bad press or something. I guess now we know to stick with the museum for dinosaurs. At least we got a good picture!
Last weekend we went swimming at a friend's house where Cullen got to enjoy the company of another baby his age. Hadley is just a couple of weeks older and absolutely beautiful. Cullen loved playing with someone with the same skill set, and he really seems to enjoy the water. I'll have to post pictures of that expedition when we have time to pull them off the camera!

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment