Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Kid Is The Bully

Home life has slowed down a bit, but it's still moving along. Last night, I had time to play with Cullen in the back yard and read my book. I can't remember the last time both of those happened in one night! If I keep it up, I might actually finish one of the FIVE books I'm reading.

Over the weekend, we celebrated my mom's birthday. She made a special request for a specific birthday cake, so I stayed up late Friday night getting it together. One of the best parts of this cake was the layer of fresh whipped cream between the layers. Cullen loves "helping" in the kitchen, and this was such an easy project to let him be a part of. He was even able to pour the sugar and whipping cream into the mixer. I don't trust him with the glass bottle of vanilla yet, but we're getting there. Heck. I hardly trust myself with the glass bottle.

Usually, Cullen is really good about not actually touching the food, but I let him try it out this time. For once, I was making something that didn't have raw egg or meat and wasn't piping hot. I let Cullen clean off the mixer attachment, and we learned that Cullen loves fresh whipped cream. The little things are so much fun to share!

Cullen enjoyed his first real piece of cake on Saturday night. Thinking he would share my piece of cake with me, I gave him a fork. An entire piece of cake later, he was still holding the unused fork in his hand. I love that he knows how happy and funny he is.
We spent Sunday at home. I fell to sleep on the couch for a few hours and woke up to Cullen coloring on me with crayons. No big deal. James was watching him. :)

Monday was my mom's retirement party from the college. I took the day off of work, and Cullen and I made the trek to Lake Jackson to partake in the fun. It was a long day, but I was so happy to be able to share in the special day with my mom. She seemed really happy to have Cullen to show around. Of course, I didn't take any pictures, but I know other people did.

On Tuesday, I had lunch with a great friend. :) Hi Shadow!

Lately, Cullen has had an over-abundance of energy, and his favorite toy has been the bouncing zebra. This toy was a hand-me-down from one of my best friends, and I can't thank her enough for sharing it with us. Thanks Tera! Cullen loves bouncing and can go on for quite a while with no signs of stopping. The only issue is if his audience leaves the room. I guess no one really likes to exercise alone. I've turned this into an extra chance to burn some calories, so while Cullen bounces, I jump up and down. My knees hate me right now.

Part of Cullen's excess of energy has gotten him into trouble at school. The director of his preschool tried to defend his actions, because "he was standing up for his friend." I can't be okay with it, because I don't want my kid to be the bully, and I definitely can't have the little boy that is mean to the little girls. Apparently, one of the girls in his class hit Cullen's friend with a toy. Cullen didn't like it, so he told her no, shook his finger in her face, and pushed her down. He couldn't even have the decency to beat up one of the bigger kids. He hurt the most petite, precious little girl. Her mom laughed about it.

Since we don't have enough on our plates right now, we are introducing the idea of potty training to Cullen. He tells us now when he is dirty or ready for a new diaper, so I decided it was time to start letting him sit on the potty before bath time. So far, there hasn't been anything going on, but he really enjoys sitting on the toilet. James even took the time a couple of nights ago to teach him grunting noises. Boys are fun. 

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment