Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's Fall, Right?

I spend twelve months out of the year wanting pumpkin pie. I love the spicy flavor and creamy texture of a perfectly made pie. I love all things pumpkin. Pies, breads, lattes... When I saw this precious cupcake idea, I knew that I had to make them. I think they look like a little field of pumpkins. Cullen thinks they look like carrots. Either way, all three dozen of them are gone, so I suppose I did something right.
The Ernst family came over to play on Saturday, and we all had a great time. I love that Cullen and Noah absolutely ran crazy for the majority of the time. I know Cullen slept well that night! At one point, the boys got a little too quiet. Out of the blue, they decided to sit down and read for a bit. Too cute. 
Dana and Brian are considering buying a Power Wheels for Noah for Christmas, so the boys took the truck out for a spin.
After Cullen got to watch Noah drive, it was Cullen's turn.
And now, Cullen drives it all over the place. After nine long months of not wanting to drive the truck, Cullen is out around the neighborhood ogling the girls and driving through people's lawns.
Earlier this week, we had a cool front blow through, so I thought it would be good to put a sweatshirt in Cullen's cubby at school. All that really means is that I have something extra to worry about, but I'd rather him be prepared. When we left school yesterday, Cullen was convinced that it was cold outside and he needed a jacket. It was at least 90 degrees outside, but he was happy. 
While other people were watching the debate and scrutinizing the candidates, I was enjoying this perfect little moment with Cullen. He dunked his first Oreo in a glass of milk last night. Super exciting moment for me. Monumental.  
And that first yummy bite. 
More. He is too cute for words. 
This weekend, I have four birthdays to get prepped for. Since one of the orders involves fondant, I felt like last night was a good night to start on the decor. Two dozen tiny fondant bows for two dozen Minnie Mouse cupcakes. I hope they hold up to the idea of my Mickey Mouse ones!
Things are busy as usual, but we're hoping to make a little extra time for family this weekend. I can't wait!

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment