Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How's Scout?

Scout is doing so well. It's right up there with some of the best things I've done with my life. I am a proud mama of my business. I couldn't have done it without an immense level of patience from my three year old and a whole lot of help from my husband. I'm a blessed girl in more ways than one.

About a month ago, I came home with a 5 pound bag of carrots. James asked me why we would ever need so many carrots.
Answer: Megan and Lee's wedding. Carrot cake cupcakes in lieu of a groom's cake. I am thrilled to be able to say that I've done work at a wedding, and I loved how smoothly everything went. We'll call it my test run before the wedding I have in January. When I don't just handle the groom's cake. Just a couple hundred cupcakes. No big deal. 
The week of Thanksgiving was absolutely chaotic. It was a meshing of pies and cakes and cake balls and cupcakes. Our entire kitchen was coated in a layer of flour. I have never been so pleased to have no Thanksgiving responsibilities. Thanks to my mom cooking our turkey day dinner, I was finally able to relax. Naps all around. 
One of my joys for the week of Thanksgiving was making these little beauties for a baby shower. Like my new "signature" cupcake wrappers? Unless something different is requested, these hounds tooth wrappers will be on all of my cupcakes from here on out. 
Oh cakes. I have a love-hate relationship with cakes. This one is a pre-cooked show of how to make a zebra print (on the inside) cake. Because I couldn't cut it open, I didn't get a picture of the final results, but the birthday girl was happy. 
I'm not good with girl things, but this is what happens when you're looking for zebra print and hot pink.  
And for James' company Christmas party, a cake with the Centre logo on it.  
For an amazing Christmas party this week, we have 150 teeny tiny star sugar cookies that were later imprinted with a tiny little paw print.  
This holiday season has been an amazing blessing for me. I love baking and spending time with my family. What girl wouldn't?

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment