Monday, March 17, 2014

Cullen Turns Four

This post was originally written on November 6, 2013. I just wanted it to post in chronological order. 

How did my precious first born become a boy? A big boy. Practically a conversational grown up.

A boy who loves Sesame Street as much as he loves Batman.

A boy who sings Bob Marley when his little brother cries.

A boy who loves Baylor, because Daddy loves Baylor.

A boy who can pretend and imagine worlds we've never dreamed of.

Yesterday, he was Batman, Jake, Captain Hook, Cullen, and "just a boy." As though he could ever be JUST anything.

As any mom does, I dream of great things for my son. Particularly as I see this tiny new addition to our family in Harrison, I am reminded how quickly our babies grow into boys. It makes me weepy, and it makes me proud.

Cullen's birthday party was Batman-themed. From the invitations...
...to the little brothers.
On Cullen's actual birthday, James had to be in Austin for work. We tagged along so that Cullen could spend his birthday in a hotel (pretty much his most favorite place in the whole world). He ate chocolate cake for dinner and put himself to bed around 9. 
Cullen got a BIG birthday present this year. I was planning on upgrading his swingset this year, as he had pretty much outgrown the last one. I wanted a galvanized steel one that wouldn't rust. James wanted this one. A quick trip to Tree Frogs, and it was done. Cullen spends a lot of time outside, and he loves launching his cars down the slide. It was expensive, but I'm so glad we did it!
The morning of Cullen's party, he had his final soccer game. Harrison took his usual bundled nap while we watched. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was having Jenni in town. She was such a huge help, and it was so nice to get to spend some time with her.
Of course, many of Cullen's birthday gifts were Batman-themed. Check out his first official Lego set!
He's already talking about being a five year old. I am not even close to being ready for that.

xoxo ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment